The Vanilla JS Academy
The Vanilla JS Academy provides a structured learning path, lots of fun projects, and the support you need to work through challenges.
How It Works
- 1. Watch and Read
- 2. Build Awesome Things
- Along with your lessons, you’ll get two fun projects to work on that reinforce everything you learned in the lessons. I don’t give you the answers. You’ll use what you learned that week to solve interesting problems and build cool stuff.
- 3. Connect & Share
- To help support your learning, you can join weekly video office hours and collaborate with your fellow students in an exclusive private Slack workspace. Ask questions, share what you’re learning, and get unstuck.
What You’ll Learn
Work on Fun Projects!
Don’t go it alone! Get the support you need to build amazing things.
Private Slack Access
Get access to a private Slack channel where you can chat with other students, get feedback on code, and ask questions in between office hours.
- Learn modern best practices and code patterns.
- Spend less time Googling and more time working on cool stuff.
- Follow a structured learning path to grow your skills more quickly.
- Work on real projects and build your portfolio.
Your 100% Money-Back Guarantee 💰
About the Instructor
Ready to join?
- 6 weeks of focused lessons made for beginners
- Weekly video office hours
- Exclusive Slack access
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between the Vanilla JS Academy and your pocket guides?
- How much of a time commitment does the Vanilla JS Academy involve?
- Does the Vanilla JS Academy cover new ES6 methods?
- Yes. Where applicable, I cover new ES6 functions and browser APIs. I also include polyfills when available to push browser support as far back as possible.
- What happens after the 6-week program? Do I lose access to the lessons?
- No. You get lifetime access to all of the lessons from the program.
- Do you offer team discounts?
- If you want to sign up your team or a group of people, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer a student discount?
- Absolutely! This applies to anyone in any type of schooling, including evening classes and coding bootcamps. Learn more about student discounts.
- I’m not a student. Any other discounts?
- Yep. I’ve had a lot of helping getting where I am, and I want to pay it forward. If you’re a member of an under-represented group in tech, you can get special pricing. Learn more about discounts for under-represented groups in tech.
- Do you have a return policy?
- Absolutely! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the Vanilla JS Academy, email me at email@example.com within 30 days after the program starts and I’ll give you a full refund.
- After I sign up, how do I access the training program materials?
- Visit https://courses.gomakethings.com and create an account with the email address you used to make your purchase. The program has fixed start and end dates, so not all material will be available at once. You’ll get a few emails from me when the program is about to start.
- Are there any restrictions on the training material?
- Nope. I trust you to do the right thing. My content is 100% DRM free. If you think others might enjoy the program, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about team pricing.
- Do I need any special tools or equipment for the Vanilla JS Academy?
- All you need to go through the program and work on the projects is a modern web browser and a text editor (I recommend VS Code). The program materials come in a mix streaming HD video and plain text, so you can read and watch any device you own.
- Do I need any prior knowledge or experience to participate in the Vanilla JS Academy?
- Are there any rules or requirements for participating in the office hours and Slack channel?
- Yes. You must be at least 18 years old, and read and agree to follow the Code of Conduct.
- I can’t use Stripe to pay but really want to join the Vanilla JS Academy. How else can I buy it?
- Send me an email at email@example.com and we’ll work something out so that you’re able to join.
- I have another question.
- No problem! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready yet? Get daily developer tips.
I send out a short email each weekday with code snippets, tools, techniques, and interesting stuff from around the web.